I found this winner of a stew recipe on a friends blog. I ended up making just a few tweaks, but I would equally encourage you to check out her original recipe!
3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/3 c almond flour
8 springs fresh thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Tbsp pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
2 red peppers, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
1 peeled & coarsely chopped sweet potato
1 1/2 cups gluten free chicken broth
3 cups coarsely chopped kale
1) Toss chicken, flour, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder & cayenne pepper in a medium bowl until chicken is coated.
2) Heat large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add oil, heat until hot. Add chicken mixture, cook and stir 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink on outside.
3) Add onion, bell pepper, sweet potato and broth; bring to a boil, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in Kale, cook, uncovered, 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and the veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
5) add additional seasonings to taste